History - The heritage of tradition

2016

Integration of 5 Star SV 12, SV20, SV32 and SB20, covering diameters from 1 to 32 mm, dedicated to medical application. Highly alloyed stainless steel are machined to produce constitutive parts for medical instrumentation.

 

Acquisition of 2 Tornos Evo-Deco 10 and 3 Citizen L12-VII dedicated to watch industry. They are equipped with gearing units allowing the production of complex parts up to 12 mm.

 

Acquisition of 12 SPC units, strategically located in our workshop, in the heart of our production islands, to guarantee state of the art and reliable quality controls.

 

2015

MPS Décolletage moved to a new building in Court. This modern, light and environmentally friendly area with 3'400m² now brings all MPS Décolletage employees together on a single site.

2013

MPS Décolletage SA acquired Rolla Décolletage, based in Court as a specialist in turning. This acquisition enabled MPS Décolletage to diversify its areas of expertise.

2011

MPS Décolletage SA continued with its expansion through the acquisition of the turning company Marius Gerber SA in Sorvilier.

2010

MPS Décolletage SA received the official certificate from the certification body SQS ISO 9001 : 2008.

2008

Marcel Frey SA became MPS Décolletage SA. Its workshops manufactured high-precision parts for fields as varied as watchmaking industry, connectors, automotive and medical engineering.

2007

Edmond Grosjean wished to step away from the business. Concerned about the sustainability of his company, he choose to entrust its destiny to MPS Micro Precision Systems AG, Bienne. MPS is part of the Faulhaber group, an international group involved in high-end micromotors.

1984

Edmond Grosjean became the sole owner of Marcel Frey SA; he also oversaw the management.

1963

Establishment of Marcel Frey SA with capital invested by Edmond Grosjean and Willy Moser.

1940

The company grew and moved to a new factory built at rue de l'Essor. The range of products offered for watchmaking expanded and Marcel Frey captured markets in other industrial areas. In 1948, the workshops were operating at full capacity with a total of 20 machines.

1929

In the midst of an economic crisis and with limited ressources, Marcel Frey opened an automatic turning workshop in the village centre of Court. Working alone with a few machines, he produced turned parts for the watch industry.